These are AHHH-MAZINGG!! One of the top 2 ways our kids like their veggies – covered with good fat, salted and roasted.
Recipe type: Side dish
- Good fat, as in coconut oil, butter, or pork lard
Note: When slicing the beets, the thinner the better. Consistency in the thickness is the key. I used the pork lard. My second choice would be coconut oil.
- peel beets and slice off the ends.
- slice into rounds, roughly the thickness of 2 quarters.
- Toss into melted good fat. Lay out on parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake @ 350 for 30-40 minutes, til crispy.
- Eat them. Try to share them. 🙂
~ Savvy Food Mama