I forgot to take a picture for you! Whoopsy-daisy!
This is a 1 pot dish if you already have cooked chicken on hand. I love 1 pot dishes for dinner!
Recipe type: Dinner
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped small
- 2 cups rice
- 2-3 Tbsp good fat, coconut oil or butter
- 1 can mandarin oranges
- 1 can pineapple
- dried cranberries
- coconut milk
- optional – toasted almonds, other veggies
Note: I sometimes add chopped peppers, or mangoes – whatever I think will be good. You can even add pieces of butternut squash, chopped small and already roasted.
- Cook the rice according to package directions including the good fat and salt. I use 2 tsp. salt
- Add in chopped chicken, mandarin oranges, pineapple, dried cranberries, 1/2 can coconut milk (or more to taste) and any other creative options your heart desires.
- Serve together with the almonds in a side dish. We like to let our kids add their own nuts or not, whichever they choose. Usually, they want what the adults are having.
- The key to this recipe is use what you have. I will sometimes use leftover fresh pineapple. The coconut milk and the juice from the mandarin oranges are what give it that Hawaiian flavor. Have fun!!