Freezers are genius! I am so so glad we have access to this neat invention!!
1. Keep a stash of frozen bananas in the freezer. These make for a fast smoothie. Also, if you have popsicle sticks, frozen banana popsicles are one of the quickest and healthiest ways to deal with a late afternoon meltdown of the little ones. If you have any kids. I have 3.
2. When berries are on sale in the summer, buy lots of extra and freeze them in 1 cup increments. I love it when our local grocery store sells organic raspberries and blueberries 2 for $4. I buy about 8 of each, and then we have berries for muffins, scones and cobbler in the winter.
3. When making muffins, freeze the leftovers. They reheat beautifully @ 350 degrees for 10 minutes. I often use the leftovers in the mornings for breakfast. I can pop them in the oven, set the timer and go fix my hair + put on makeup. So easy!
4. When making dinners, double the batch. Freeze half of what you make and you have a homemade “freezer dinner”. We do this with spaghetti, chili, hamburgers, white sloppy joes.
5. Do you make chicken broth? If yes, freeze some in 1 cup increments. I do this in zip sandwich baggies and freeze them flat on a cookie sheet. I usually get 8-10 cups of broth to freeze, plus enough for soup for dinner. Then, each time I have a recipe that calls for chicken broth, I have it all ready to go!!
What are your freezer tips? What do you do to short-cut or make life a bit easier with your cooking?
~ Savvy Food Mama
Linking up to 5 favorites this week: