I am just back from an amazing conference where I made some lovely friends. I packed my own food and brought some chili. One of the girls I met asked me to post the recipe.
Sweet Alisa, this is for you!
- 1 onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 Tbsp good fat (I used butter)
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 1 can tomato paste
- salt, pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder
Note: My favorite brand for spices is Simply Organic.
- Chop the onion small and saute in butter til soft.
- Add the meat and brown.
- Dump in sauce, paste and beans, rinsed.
- Add spices. I used 1 and 1/2 tsp salt, 5 pepper cranks, probably 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper, and 1 and 1/2 tsp chili powder. Do what tastes good to you. If you have raw garlic on hand, use that instead. If you have red wine in your fridge, dump in 1/4 cup.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Ta da!
~ Savvy Food Mama