Author: Savvy Food Mama
Recipe type: Dinner
- 3 chopped cooked Chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion
- 3 Tbs. good fat (coconut oil or butter)
- 1 red pepper, chopped small
- 1/4 to 1/3 c. raisins
- 1 Tbs. curry powder (or more if you like)
- 2 Tbs. thickening agent (I use potato starch or corn starch)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 c. chicken broth
- coconut milk to taste
Note: This is one of our top favorite dinners!
- Chop onion fine and saute it on medium in good fat til soft. (While sauteing the onion, I chop my pepper and chicken.
- Add chopped chicken.
- Add salt, thickening agent and curry powder stirring well.
- Immediately add broth slowly stirring it in. (if your broth is liquid, go slow. I freeze my own, so I plop that right in and keep stirring. )
- Add chopped pepper and raisins. Stir well.
- Put a lid on and turn it down to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice with coconut milk on top
Hooray! It is finally here! Our family’s favorite! I have had many requests for this recipe and for our Basil variation. I believe with the basil variation I added about 2 Tbs. minced Basil. Here is the original recipe.
~ Savvy Food Mama